Senior Software Engineer
Result-orientated database developer with 5+ years of experience in the financial industry. Worked with the following technologies:
Clearcase ∙ Oracle ∙ Sybase ∙ Netezza ∙ PowerDesigner ∙ Informatica ∙ Java ∙ UNIX ∙ Bash ∙ Perl ∙ Autosys ∙ Splunk ∙ Spotfire ∙ Iron Python
BOSTON UNIVERSITY, CENTER FOR PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION, Boston, MA
Certification in Financial Planning, 2015
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, EXTENSION SCHOOL, Cambridge, MA
Masters in Liberal Arts, Information Management Systems, 2014
HETAC, Galway, Ireland
Postgraduate Diploma in Web Development, 2008
DUBLIN CITY UNIVERSITY, Dublin, Ireland
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Applications, 2007
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS – Boston, MA (2007 – Present)
- Work directly with clients to determine new feature requests, the prioritization of the requests, analysis of the work and incorporating them into the release map and iteration plans for Spotfire reports in support of GAA Investment Managers.
- Design and implement an architecture for Spotfire reports that is driven off DevOp practices to improve automation and reduce the barriers to support the application.
- Provide status reports to clients, product management and track members when overlapping work needs to be synced up.
Senior Software Developer
- Worked on the FPP product for AAT, developing PLSQL code using both BDD and TDD philosophies.
- Code promotion was via a Git repo, which a Jenkins CI server polled and built an RC that was deployed to the server. Multiple Jenkins jobs determined a release order for promoting builds to higher environments.
- Worked in the Equity DB Operations group, providing 24/7 support for the round the clock batch processes that processed market data from around the world.
Associate Software Developer
- Developed a java application to manage the Tick Processing on a Netezza instance.
- Worked within a track on the Equity Trade division, supporting the migration off the AS400 to Oracle.
BALORTECH – Boston, MA (2013 – Present)
- Developed Android applications that incorporated Unity 3D engine.
- Developed micoservices backend with Ruby and Sinatra REST APIs.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS – Dublin, Ireland (January 2006 – May 2006)
- Managed Voice Group foreign fund additions.
- Collaborated on design and coding the FTG Ireland website.
ALLIED IRISH BANKS, Capital Markets – Dublin, Ireland (Summer 2003 – 2005)
- Migrating off legacy database systems into Oracle
- Configuring computer desktops and the internal network
- Administered technical support system.
- Promotion of Fidelity Cares activities within the workplace
- Organized the business unit’s team for the Rally Against Cancer
- Taught 4th grade Science at a local primary school.
- Designed and implemented an awareness campaign around Harvard yard.
- Support the Boston Chapter to raise funds for the Boston Children’s Hospital.